Black Car Insurance
Getting good insurance coverage can be a long, confusing process. Most drivers end up settling for an affordable policy, and that can prove to be a mistake later. Our experts can guide you through the process so you can make an informed decision.
What is TLC Black Car Insurance?TLC is the Transport & Limousine Commission of New York City. It regulates passenger vehicle transportation industries like Yellow Taxi Cabs, Green Cabs, commuter vans, etc. The body is also responsible for handing out licenses and setting industry standards. A For-Hire Vehicle or FHV owner must pass TLC’s inspection before they can affiliate with the Black Car Base like Uber and Lyft.
FHVs that are affiliated with the Black Car Base are called Black Cars. They are primarily ridesharing vehicles with pre-arranged bookings, and more than 90% of their payments are made digitally. These drivers need TLC black car insurance in NYC to operate their vehicles legally within the city limits.
TLC Insurance NYC RequirementsTLC has different requirements for different types of vehicles. Our experts will note down all the details of your vehicle and recommend insurance options that fit in with the regulator’s guidelines. Some of these guidelines include:
- Black cars should be no older than 7 model years to be eligible.
- Cars with 1-8 seats require a minimum coverage of $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident, and $200,000 for personal injury protection.
- Vehicles that carry 9-15 passengers need $200,000 for personal injury protection and $1,500,000 per accident coverage.
- The ones that carry more than 15 people will require FHV insurance with coverage up to $5,000,000.
Discuss your requirements in detail with our insurance expert. They will recommend options based on your current license and history.
New York Black Car Insurance AssistanceWe have helped hundreds of drivers get good insurance coverage, which has improved their financial security and given them some peace of mind. Our experienced brokers can help you get the right level of protection as well. Here's what you can expect from us:
- We offer sound advice to drivers from all walks of life.
- Our team is familiar with the different kinds of insurance for black cars in NYC. They will look at factors like level of coverage required, driver’s history, driver’s skill and experience, affiliated black car base, etc. to provide a customized solution.
- We will also help you save money on premiums by recommending a few changes. For example, having a dashcam in your car can help you save some money on insurance.
If you want to know more about black car insurance costs or need advice, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at A&C Brokerage. You can call (212) 942-6339 or use our contact form to get in touch.